Remember to hover your cursor over any of the settings you don't understand to view help text that will explain what they are for.
Helpful information to reference:
Introduction to Document Features
- Add site logo
- Enter a site title and tagline
Or you may hide both the title and the tagline.
- If your logo’s image includes the name, may use this space for a welcome message.
Edit the homepage sidebar text (may add a link to create a new button)
Leave the contact form enabled and assign the appropriate email address (recommended).
- May set a maximum character count for visitor comments.
- (We select 777. Why? This equates to about 120 words which is about as much room as we imagine a productive comment needing. Use Character Counter to preview your decision.)
- Enable Google Translate (Optional)
- Set date and time (highly recommended)
- Add Google Analytics tracking code (optional)
- Bonus: Change email notification preference
- Visit the My Account tab on the top navigation bar and then scroll to the bottom to view your options.
Mastering Commenting and Visibility Settings
Step by Step Guide: Comment Management
Commenting and Visibility Settings Cheat Sheet
How will people find your document and what can they see?
Published or unpublished
Shown or hidden from the homepage
- Note: May add a custom thumbnail (square) and preview text for homepage.
- Creates a password gate that you define and share with your audience
- Other settings still apply - I.E. can be displayed or hidden from the homepage
Honorable mention: May add a menu navigation link for added visibility,
and pin a document to the top of the homepage.
May hide Konveio’s Automated Table of Contents menu
May change authoring information to change email notifications
May create a backlink (appears in the top left corner above a document and below the header to create a more cohesive learning experience between collections of documents.)
How do I control if and when visitors can read or write comments?
- Open: Visitors can write comments and see everyone else's comments too.
- Closed: Visitors can read the documents and any comments that were made when the document was open, yet no new comments may be submitted. On the homepage, there will be a new message stating commenting is closed and will grey out the thumbnail image.
- Hidden: Visitors may see the document but all previously written comments will be hidden and no new comments can be submitted. This is a great way to maintain all of the interactivity of your Konveio document while presenting a clean learning experience. (There will not be a button to draft comments, the comment navigation icon will be removed, and no comment pins will be seen on any page of the document.)
- You can schedule commenting periods to close on a specific date.
- "Conversation Starter Mode" - limit commenting to replies on comments made by administrators only.
- Anonymous: Available by addressing a site-wide setting. Anyone can leave comments without leaving their name and email, only IP addresses are collected in reports. Least friction, the most comments, but the least insightful.
- Site wide setting accessed by visiting -> Dashboard --> Settings ---> Comments.
- Unregistered: Most popular - Name and email capture with a captcha.
May have registered and unregistered participation available at the same time.
- Registered: Must create an account and confirm email. May have registered and unregistered participation available at the same time
AI Auto-Tagging and Auto-Theming
Step by Step Guide: Comment Reporting and Analysis
Auto-Tagging can assist with creating a qualitative analysis of comments on a document. Within specific Konveio plans you can enabling the auto-tagging feature and add predefined tags to a document to allow the AI assistant to assign tags to comments. This feature will allow you to efficiently identify specific categories and trends within the commenting which can then be sorted out for a more in depth review.
- Up to three categories of tags can potentially be identified on a comment by the system with the system assigning between 0-3 tags.
- Additional tags can be manually added or removed.
- Ability to then filter by tag when reviewing comments.
Auto Theming will then find cross cutting themes within the tags assigned to the comments. Generate a summary that will highlight and summarize common themes. Download the theme report in Word or PDF.
AI Search & Assistant - Engage a personal document assistant, powered by AI. Users can ask questions and AI will review the document to provide a summary, and answers with page references. Answers will be generated from document references.
Creating Overview Pages
Step by step guide: Building Overview Pages
Step by step guide: Building Webforms
Step by step guide: Discussion Boards